A synchronous motor is a motor that runs at the same speed, and its speed is not affected by load changes. It is a type of AC motor. Synchronous motors are used in many industries.
Motors can be divided into AC motors and DC motors according to the power source. AC motors are widely used in various industries. AC motors can be further divided into synchronous motors and asynchronous motors. A synchronous motor is a motor that runs at the same speed, and its speed is not affected by changes in load. According to the characteristics of synchronous motors, it is mainly used in the following aspects.
- Synchronous motors are mainly used in constant speed applications, and can also be used in variable speed applications with variable frequency drives.
- Synchronous motors are especially suitable for low-speed applications, because the power factor can be adjusted to a unit at low speeds, and the
- efficiency is relatively high.
- Synchronous motors can be used to adjust and improve the voltage of transmission lines.
- Synchronous motors are more efficient compared to Induction motors so they can be used for loads that require constant speed. In the industrial field, synchronous motors can be used in some high-power and high-speed equipment. Such as blower, drive shaft, centrifugal pump, compressor, etc.
- Modern aerospace requires motors with high performance and good stability, and synchronous motors can meet their requirements.
With the development of science and technology, the requirements of lightweight, small size, good control performance have become the pursuit of industries such as automobiles, computers, and medical equipment. Synchronous motors have been paid more and more attention to due to their small size, energy saving, and easy low-speed drive.